IBM Cognos planning
IBM Planning Analytics Local and Express Feature enhanced interface for improved planning, faster analysis and more accurate forecasting.
IBM Planning Analytics Local V2.0 (formerly IBM Cognos TM1) offers a single planning and analysis solution that can be deployed locally. Version 2.0 brings an interface for improved speed, agility, and foresight: IBM Planning Analytics Workspace.
IBM Planning Analytics Express V2.0 (formerly IBM Cognos Express) is an offering that consists of IBM Cognos Analytics and Planning Analytics, but at a lower price point for clients that have 50 or less Planning Analytics users or 100 or less Cognos Analytics users.
IBM® Planning Analytics is a fast, easy, flexible, and complete planning and analytics solution that helps you drive efficiency, deliver foresight, and steer business performance. This software solution enables organizations of all sizes to help optimize performance through advanced planning, analytics, modeling, and reporting.
IBM Planning Analytics Local V2.0, formerly known as IBM Cognos® TM1®, offers a single planning and analysis solution that can be deployed locally. Version 2.0 brings an interface for improved speed, agility, and foresight: IBM Planning Analytics Workspace.
Planning Analytics Workspace delivers a self-service web authoring to all users. Through the Planning Analytics Workspace interface, authors have access to many visual options designed to help improve financial input templates and reports. Planning Analytics Workspace benefits include:
- Free-form canvas dashboard design
- Data entry and analysis efficiency and convenience features
- Capability to combine cube views, websheets, text, images, videos, and charts
- Synchronized navigation for guiding consumers through an analytical story
- Browser and mobile operation
- Capability to export to PowerPoint or PDF
Planning Analytics includes Planning Analytics for Microsoft Excel. The Analytics for Microsoft Excel interface optimizes Microsoft Excel-based interaction for writeback, analysis, and reporting that combines Microsoft Excel's powerful data layout and formatting benefits with the robust TM1 data engine of Planning Analytics. Planning Analytics for Microsoft Excel benefits include:
- Connection to remote servers without the need for Citrix or Microsoft Remote Desktop
- Slice, dice, and pivot multidimensional analysis capabilities
- Data analysis and reporting dynamic to changes in your organization
- Financial layout report design for use in Microsoft Excel or web browser
Dimensional analysis is further optimized through the following features of Hierarchies:
- Dimensions can be reorganized by using same-named consolidation points in named hierarchies.
- Dimension attributes, such as characteristics of customers and products, can be represented in multidimensional analysis as virtual dimensions.
- Multiple attributes of the same dimension can be combined into your analysis; stack rows, columns, or place them in context.
- New attribute data can be discovered after the cube structure has been defined.
- Ad hoc hierarchies can be created, then immediately introduced into Microsoft Excel, web, or mobile analysis for deeper insights.
- IBM Planning Analytics Express® V2.0
- IBM Planning Analytics Express V2.0, formerly known as IBM Cognos Express, is an offering that consists of IBM Cognos Analytics and Planning Analytics, but at a lower price point for clients that have 50 or less Planning Analytics users or 100 or less Cognos Analytics users. Planning Analytics Express affords small and midsized clients, as well as departmental groups within larger enterprises, the opportunity to acquire and operate all capabilities of Planning Analytics. Clients can choose individual connectors to Cognos Analytics or Planning Analytics, or a combined offering of both solutions. Planning Analytics Express clients have access to all interim fixes, refreshes, and fix packs that are supplied to enterprise clients.
- Planning Analytics Express includes the latest release of IBM Planning Analytics Local V2.0, and IBM Cognos Analytics V11.